An in-app tickr Forest?

If you didn’t already know, we plant a tree for every person that refers a friend to tickr :deciduous_tree:

We want to build a forest in your app. You’ll have your very own forest, with the number of trees you’ve planted in Indonesia through the tickr app!

This is still in the design process so any feedback we get can help shape our in-app tickr forest :grin:

1 Like

this looks cool! would be good if you could show impact in terms of carbon capture perhaps? e.g. 20kg / year of carbon sequestering?

Hey @michael! Glad to hear you say that as we have another mockup that included the carbon captured by the trees. We thought people might not have a total understanding of what 20kg / Carbon Sequestered actually translated to.

We had an idea about using air miles or another metric that people can visualise a bit easier, which do you think would be better?

hmm maybe something more every day than air travel would work well here and showing maybe 3 metrics. this calculator on epa.gov website does this well. https://www.epa.gov/energy/greenhouse-gas-equivalencies-calculator

here’s an illustration i cut together using their calculator and estimates on 20kg of carbon

1 Like

Ah thanks hadn’t seen this converter before!

Which of the tiles (£20 tickr credit / number of total trees planted) would you swap out for the emissions tile? I like the phone charging converter as I haven’t seen that one used before :grin:

im biased but i think the £20 tickr credit can be given less prominence even. knowing you’ve done good for the planet > getting some cash credit.

and do people use the pounds metric in the UK often? again, just my biased views!

Yeah I’m the same to be honest, I’d rather have the impact stats showing prominently! So would

• kg of carbon offset instead of pounds of carbon offset
  • number of phones charged conversion comparison
  • number of trees planted by the total tickr community

Longer term as well we want to add extra details about the project (One Tree Planted) and share the location of the tickr forest / let you go out of the app and into google maps / what3words :earth_africa:

1 Like