Graph Improvement

I know this has been brought up, but wondering if you guys were going to change this anytime? Would be great if you could add markers on the graph like “this is where you invested £100” at points where is jumps up, and a marker on this is the highest point your investment was worth at this date.

It would also be great if you could filter the increments by theme, so if you are invested into the combo theme then, maybe clicking on one of them would show the same graph information but just for that part of your investment. Would be great to see the individual history in more detail :slight_smile:

Many Thanks
James

Hey James, good to hear from you :slightly_smiling_face:

We’re undertaking a big project to solve this, but I’m afraid it won’t be ready for a few months yet.

More information on performance, and underlying transactions is heavily requested so we’re going to get to work on it soon.

Here’s what it might look like for an early version;

What do you think @James?

1 Like

Love the look of that!

1 Like

:scream: that looks amazing! Everyone loves a great graph :slight_smile: and displays all the info I’d want to see.

2 Likes

Just to mirror James’ response, I think it looks great. It seems very clear and well laid out.

2 Likes

Would there be any way to isolate the figures on the amount you have earned through compounding alone? Not a necessity, but a nice-to-have.

Hey @Ben welcome to the community! (its the tickr discobot here :rofl:) We have that in the image (+£63.64 / 5% Returns) in the tab! Unless you mean something different to that?

Beep bop, hey Rob. I see now, I hadn’t had my morning coffee and was being quite slow :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@rob I have a couple of suggestions for some QoL improvements in the app…

1. Linking the Community forum directly from the app, most likely the settings page
  2. When switching tabs, keep the nav menu at the bottom to always show, so you can quickly navigate without having to go back a step. This is subjective to what your preference is but I think it would make navigation easier IMO.

What’s your thoughts?

Hey @Ben!

Thanks for these, I’ve sent this across to the rest of the team in our Prod ideas slack channel!

RE: 1 - We do! It’s right at the bottom so a little bit tricky to find, do you think it’d be worth having it higher up so it’s more obvious for other users? (i’ve attached a screenshot showing it)

RE: 2 - I’m guessing you’re on Android as we have it on iOS :slight_smile: I spoke to one of our Android Devs (Joe!) and he’s said that it’s definitely something we should be building in the product over the next few months. We do have in the Product Roadmap the intention of a major UX overhaul that will help with the overall experience with the app - including the nav bar, especially for our main demographic of first-time investors.

P.s. this sort of feedback really helps the Tech team get a sense of what users like yourself would want us to build, so it’s really appreciated! :smiley:

Sorry new to this and prob a v stupid question but how are % returns different to the performance of portfolio different. the graph shows ‘performance’ improvement or value increase and then also 5% returns. Point me in direction of I have missed it. Ta

Ah yes I’m on Android which I guess is the issue. I don’t have the same options as you do however, so it looks like the Android build is out of sync with iOS? Here’s a screen of my settings…

Anytime, looking forward to the UX overhaul :slight_smile: if you need anyone to test a beta build whenever it’s ready, happy to put my hand up for it.

Hey @Tommy0t0, welcome to the community by the way! :smiley:

Sorry new to this and prob a v stupid question but how are % returns different to the performance of portfolio different. the graph shows ‘performance’ improvement or value increase and then also 5% returns. Point me in direction of I have missed it. Ta

Not stupid at all - this is the sort of stuff we need the product to be extremely clear and simple on. Every investor should be able to see their performance at a glance.

To clarify are you asking why the 5% returns has a + £63.64 next to it, and why it’s different to the +£26.42 on the performance graph? If so - it’s because for the sake of the mockup, the graph is tappable and is displaying what the historical performance of the portfolio was back in Mid November.

Happy to clarify anything else / share other suggestions with the rest of the team too!

Ah yes I’m on Android which I guess is the issue. I don’t have the same options as you do however, so it looks like the Android build is out of sync with iOS? Here’s a screen of my settings…

Thanks @Ben - my mistake I hadn’t realised we haven’t added it into the Android version of the app too. 100% agree having it visible in the app would increase adoption / get more people on the community, have passed this along to the dev team and hopefully can get this running in the next week or two :smiley:

Anytime, looking forward to the UX overhaul :slight_smile: if you need anyone to test a beta build whenever it’s ready, happy to put my hand up for it.

Glad to hear it :partying_face: @toby our Product guy will make sure he shares any new beta builds with you in the near future. Right now our ‘beta’ builds are usually created in design software and viewed on a laptop, then we gather feedback from users over the phone and adapt once it gets built by the development team.

1 Like

Got you I think. So if you scrolled right to ‘now’ the graph would go up to £890.06?

looking good anyhow. just trying to navigate my way around it.

cheers

Tom

Yep exactly!

Sure - if you have any other questions on any other topics feel free to create a new post :slight_smile: